PLASTIC APPLICATIONS AND OUTLETS
Appropriately selected WAXOLINE® polymer-soluble dyes give excellent all-round performance in: PS (Polystyrene), SAN, ABS, PMMA, Polycarbonate, PET and PETB, POM, unplasticised PVC and PPO. WAXOLINE® solvent dyes contribute resistances (strengths) against different phenomena that affect dye’s performance.
- Light fastness: persistence of a colour after having received a certain amount of UV radiation.
- Chemical fastness: colour resistance in chemically aggressive environments (acidic or basic).
- Heat fastness: colour resistance to temperature, mainly during processing.
- Migration fastness: migration of pigment.
What is Polycarbonate?
What are the properties of polycarbonate (PC)?
Unlike most thermoplastics, polycarbonate can undergo large plastic deformations without cracking or breaking. As a result, polycarbonate can be processed and formed at room temperature, using sheet metal techniques, such as bending on a brake. Even for sharp angle bends with a tight radius, heating may not be necessary.
All this makes it valuable in prototyping applications, where transparent or electrically non-conductive parts are needed, which cannot be made from sheet metal.
What is Polycarbonate used for?
Polycarbonate is used for doors and windows, instead of glass.
Furthermore, is mainly used to enhance modern home decors. These polycarbonate sheets are also used for showers and swimming pool enclosures, polycarbonate eyewear lenses and polycarbonate exterior automotive components and others like:
- Electronic components
- Construction materials
- 3D printing
- Data storage
- Automotive, aircraft, and security components
- For medical applications and also for Mobile Phones